Full time - can I do it? Or freelance

(1 Post)
onetwoflea Mon 26-Sep-16 10:19:14

Hi,

Looking for some advice from full time mums. I've seen a job as a training designer I'd like. There is a potential to work from home (mostly, but going in for meetings occasionally as the company are big on telephone meetings).
I'm currently working 2 part time jobs and have 1-2 days free a week (sometimes none). I have 3 dc age 6, 8 10 yrs and a husband who works away. I'm really tempted to apply for this new job as it offers:
a) much more money at a time where we are barely saving anything / putting anything together for the future and not likely to improve our position in the next 10 years.
b) a really interesting job and would get me into a higher position than I am now with potential for when the kids leave home reverting to consulting / working for a company I love as a consultant.
c) working from home.

but also less time with kids as I'd only get 6 weeks holiday and that doesn't cover school holidays. I don't have relatives I can leave the kids with in the holidays so it would be childcare.

I currently use a childcare for 2 days a week and wondering if I could keep this arrangement but be flexible with my working hours ie. work school hours then make the rest of the time up during the early morning / evening. Does anyone do this and make it work? Are you burnt out if you do this? The working hours are 37.5 hrs a week.

Any advice / experience appreciated thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now