TA at DS' school?

(5 Posts)
cakedup Thu 22-Sep-16 14:01:55

I'm thinking of applying for a TA job at the secondary school where DS has just started in year 7. The role links closely with the SEN department. DS has SEN. Will this be seen as a conflict of interest? Do schools generally dislike parents working in the same school?

Also I have to consider that it may difficult for me to separate the 2 roles...as parent of an SEN child and a TA working with the SENCO.

Anyone have experience of this?

needsahalo Thu 22-Sep-16 21:21:21

Plenty of teachers work in the same school as their children. If you are interested in the role, apply and see what happens!

SherryRB Mon 26-Sep-16 16:22:24

We have quite a few TAs who had children at the same school when they started. Our school doesn't seem to mind. I'd apply for the role and if it's a conflict of interest, the school would say so.

Sherry

Ioanacristina Thu 29-Sep-16 15:08:48

Are there any PE cover teachers around? Please don't judge me and help me with some information. I have experience as a PE teacher back in my country. I have joined here at a agency and tomorrow they have send me to cover PE all day. I am worried that here is not the same thing you do at the lesson than it was at home. Could anyone tell me what is exactly I need to do at the class? Will I need to be dressed smart or with a tracksuit considering i will be just a cover teacher? Thank you.

Ioanacristina Thu 29-Sep-16 16:00:29

Sorry I haven't realised that I have written on another post and is not a new thread. I am new on this site. I hope I haven't upset anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now