Baby suddenly not sleeping

(6 Posts)
Glittered Mon 19-Sep-16 10:51:49

So my dd turns 16 weeks tomorrow and has always been a pretty good sleeper. Will drift off alone at bedtime with her mobile on. Wakes for one or two feeds then off to sleep again of course I've had the odd bad night but on the whole I know I've been lucky (dd1 never slept well)
But since a week ago she's suddenly waking all the time, eg goes down at 7pm sleeps till 10pm or 11pm wakes has a breast feed then wakes at 1am ish has a feed then around 3 or 4 am has been waking up to play! For up to 2 hrs. Napping in the day time has gone out the windows would normally have an hour in the morning and 1 to 2 hours around lunch time then a late afternoon cat nap for about 20mins or so.
Now she's taking ages to get to sleep in the day. Then wakes after 10 to 30 mins and it all starts again. She's really overtired and so moody!
She's not unwell, feeding well as normal etc. nothing has changed.
Can anyone relate???

user1469300540 Tue 20-Sep-16 10:00:55

Yup!! Babies grow through a sleep regression stage around 4 months. Could it be that? We had a similar experience; lots of waking at night and then up at 4 wanting to play. Naps got shorter and inconsistent. You just need to ride it out. Stick to bedtime routine etc. but if it is the sleep regression stage, all you can do is hold on tight for the ride and know they do come out of it! X

Glittered Tue 20-Sep-16 10:51:52

Oh ok maybe it is that. My dd1 was a terrible sleeper from day 1 but I do remember she got even worse around 4 months.
How long is it supposed to last?

user1469300540 Tue 20-Sep-16 11:43:48

Think it's a couple of weeks. We had about 3 weeks of it but then all of a sudden we went back to normal. x

Glittered Wed 21-Sep-16 11:30:24

Fingers crossed hey
Had a good night last night and she slept till 7am but had her jabs yesterday so I think it was more that she was washed out from that
Thanks for your reply Hun x

user1469300540 Wed 21-Sep-16 12:40:42

Oh bless! Jabs aren't nice-wiped my own out too. Hope she's ok and sleep sorts it's self soon! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now