Accountancy - training part time?

(4 Posts)
yellowflags Sat 17-Sep-16 09:47:44

I want to retrain as an accountant but for various reasons only want to train/ work part time. Has anyone done this? I think I could manage it for aat qualifications but not sure how to build up the hours with later ones.

Coulddowithanap Mon 26-Sep-16 21:58:13

I work part time as a book keeper (2 days a week 9-2), I would like to do my 3rd year of AAT as unfortunately I stopped after the second year. The course I did was one day a week.

IceMaiden73 Wed 28-Sep-16 23:25:55

Honestly, I think you will struggle to get a role that will let you do it part time. Why are you only willing to commit part time to it?

ShastaBeast Tue 04-Oct-16 09:51:49

I'm doing it, almost - I'm looking for a part time role now and getting some positive feedback so expect to start a job in the next month or two. There are jobs out there but you need to get over the lack of experience. If you have any contacts who are doing accounts or finance use them - shadow, do work experience, volunteer etc to show you are serious and committed. I'll be doing my study around work but my kids are now in school so I have the time. You may not find a part time role where they'll pay for your training however so finances may have an impact. Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now