how do I get back to work? out of touch

(3 Posts)
sunglassesonhead Thu 30-Jun-16 10:55:42

I have suffered severe MH illness and have a DS who will start reception in sept 2017 who's settled in a school nursery

I don't want to remove him as the school are so supportive to me and we have a TAC etc due to my mental health. My HV would actually like me to try and claim PIP however the jobcentre on the other hand are being "your a benefit scrounger, get to work already everybody else is"

I know my MH wouldn't allow me to work quite a few jobs. I couldn't for example cope with commuting into the city and avoid certain public transport routes, I can't really cope in a crowd or noisy situations but there must be something out there I can manage

I was thinking a small office locally as a part time administrator (I have previous experience) would be possible if I could walk to it etc

I have no family or friends who can take on any aspect of childcare though and nursery doesn't start till 8.45 each morning

How does it work? I currently claim income support etc, and he gets 15hrs free childcare which is used in the school nursery.

How much do I need to earn for us to be the same financially or better off?

Carolhh Thu 30-Jun-16 19:46:14

Have you looked on nhsjobs?

jclm Mon 04-Jul-16 19:49:27

If you have a year before reception starts, I would start off with a voluntary job, eg in a local office as you suggest. This will increase your confidence. It's not easy to find part time paid work, especially if you're limited to a certain region, so any revent experience will help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now