Anxious at returning to work

(1 Post)
SaffaQueen Wed 08-Jun-16 18:38:21

I'm due back at work in just over a month after a year off on maternity leave but am feeling more & more anxious about returning. Mainly because I think my work are going to try get rid of me. I understand that you are somewhat protected in that they need to offer you an equivalent role, but I suspect they may offer me an "equivalent role" that is not actually on par with my previous role...
I have been asking for a couple of months now to confirm my role & if my role has changed how it has / fits in with team structure to radio silence. Now recently out of the blue I have been asked by HR to contact them about a role that has "become available" in the Company. It almost feels like I need to interview for it! This after originally being told my role still exists but responsibilities may have shifted within the team!

Any tips on rights / how to handle this?

Have to say I am dreading returning because I'm not being made to feel particular welcome in returning.... Oh to win the Euromillions...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now