speech therapy

(3 Posts)
fifibets Wed 04-May-16 07:58:04

Hi
I really want to retrain as a speech & language therapist. Is there anyone out there who can give me some insight??
I have been looking at courses at university, and was also wondering about work experience... I thought about asking either a few local private Speech Therapists whether I could help shadow them & help in anyway to gain insight, or even the local NHS run clinic. Does anyone have any clue which may be best idea? I'm also not sure if it's possible to begin as an assistant -typing up notes/helping in clinic etc, & to train on the job? (I am qualified to degree level already - I studied English, but obv not Speech Therapy...yet!)
Thanks for reading x

PresidentCJCregg Wed 04-May-16 09:17:00

Sorry I can't help but watching this with interest. I would love to do this but just can't afford to go back and do another degree.

jclm Thu 05-May-16 17:13:21

I'm watching this thread too. I need to know if there are many jobs in this career and also how stressful the job is, before I make my decision!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now