Creative jobs

(3 Posts)
FenellaFieldmouse Tue 19-Apr-16 12:31:49

Do you earn a living doing something creative?
Is it possible and could I start now in my fifties?
I have a degree in painting but never continued after I graduated. I am pretty creative day to day, crafting. I struggle to see it as a viable way to earn an income but I'm coming to the conclusion that anything office based is going to be beyond me because I've been out of the workplace for so long.

monkey2014 Tue 03-May-16 22:19:13

It is possible, but it is hard work if you're just looking for something to make a basic income out of - time and again surveys show most people working in the arts make very very little.

Creative Choices has lots of different interviews with people in different kinds of jobs and their career paths that you might be interested in.

hutchblue Sat 07-May-16 11:27:49

Would you consider opening an Etsy shop or something similar and sell your work on there?
Online gives you huge reach to so billions of people online. Do you have a Facebook account and biz page? I know a couple of artists online who do really well out of their of their Facebook accounts and have generated a big following.
If you want to chat please do feel free to PM me - is that possible on here?
As for working in an office, I think we are capable of anything it's just a mindset question. Is this something you want to do? Is it what would light you up? If it is, I'm sure where there's a will there's a way. But as a creative person myself, I've never been fond of offices and the 9 to 5 routine! :D But we are all different. Some part-time work can help creatives structure their time better. I've certainly experienced that myself too. Good luck and do ask any questions, happy to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now