Part time work is fantastic!

(5 Posts)
Blondie87 Sun 20-Mar-16 20:57:49

This isn't a boast post just a dawning realisation..... I have one DC who is 10 months old and I've just gone back three days a week and I'm the happiest I've been for ages. I'm getting the intellectual stimulation and adult company I need and feel like I'm actually doing my job well. I also get four days a week on mummy duty.
I guess I'm posting this because I was dreading returning to work and leaving my LO and I want to reassure those in a similar boat it can be OK. I know I'm fortunate that I can (JUST) afford it and work have been very accommodating and not everyone has this option.

docpeppa Thu 07-Apr-16 11:38:32

I am in this position, with baby and toddler. I haven't gone back yet, I am still debating whether to or not. Glad you are enjoying your time back, adult conversation is so nice!

JenniferYellowHat1980 Thu 07-Apr-16 18:23:24

I worked PT for as long as I felt I could financially. FT since then has been a disaster for various reasons, and I have my sights on a 3 days a week post and to hell with the money. PT is great and I think more people, men and women, parents and non-parents, should consider it.

HarlotBronte Sat 09-Apr-16 18:22:40

I love it too!

IntelligentPutty Sat 09-Apr-16 21:48:30

I ended up working part /full time.
It's amazing. Work 6:30 to 5:30 (10 hour days)
4 days a week.

3 days with dd. Inc 2 with dh.
Full time salary
And 4 days of nursery costs.
Hate those early mornings tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now