apply for job - interview - then nothing?

(5 Posts)
miserablemoo Wed 09-Mar-16 09:57:08

Hi

Been a sahm for 7-8 years. I have been trying to get back to work since September.

I finally had a interview a couple of weeks ago. I thought it went well but they never even phoned me or emailed me to tell me I wasn't successful. Just nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm struggling with anxiety and been a bit down the last few months and this has knocked my confidence even more.

It has put me off even applying for new jobs but I have to. Just feel worthless.

TomTomKitten Wed 09-Mar-16 10:50:29

Who was the interview with? Give them a call and find out where they are up to.

Sadly, this is fairly common these days. Don't feel down on yourself. Have been on the other end of the recruitment process and seen idiot managers dithering around not telling anyone what the outcome is.

miserablemoo Wed 09-Mar-16 13:38:51

Hello

Thank you for your reply. smile

It was a small local company. I'm just annoyed I suppose as I nearly didn't go to the interview due to nerves. I had sorted out child care. I was so nervous but made myself go and for them to not even say thanks but no thanks stings a bit.

I'm sad to see that it's common nowadays. I know I need to forget it and move on. Jobs are so hard to find especially with me being a sahm for so long. I feel like I have nothing to offer an employer.

Sigh. Sorry for ranting. I can't face ringing them. I feel far too embarrassed. Need to forget about it really.

TomTomKitten Wed 09-Mar-16 13:47:00

If this happens to me I just remind myself that it is their loss. If they can't even let you know in this day and age with the simplicity of emailing you then they are not worth working for. I would say that you have had a lucky escape!

Keep plugging away. The right thing will come up. it would be a minor miracle if you got offered a job after one interview so try not to be too hard on yourself.

Remember, you only need one job so don't worry that there aren't necessarily loads out there.

lljkk Wed 09-Mar-16 13:56:26

Put off because no comms after interview? You need to be tougher than that, sorry. Their loss really. Of course you can ring to ask for your status. Why ever not?

Most likely means disorganisation on their part, and nothing about you at all. Maybe the funding is up in the air or an existing employee who was leaving is messing them about & they can't afford both of you. All sorts of reasons.

Grit your teeth & get on with applying elsewhere in meantime. I was SAHM for 8 yrs so I understand the trepidation, but Put It aside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now