Issue with Working Tax Credits

(1 Post)
HackerFucker22 Sat 23-Jan-16 09:05:18

Going back part time so will be dropping almost 50% of my income (DP is a SAHP and going back to study)

I have contacted WTC people and they did a quick assessment over the phone and told me I wont be entitled to much as everything was calculated using my p60 for period April 2014 - April 2015 [which is basically a FT salary] yet I have been off on ML since January 2015 so whilst my earnings on p60 are £30K + In the past 12 months I have actually just had SMP, a small bonus and holiday pay (less than £15K)

The woman I spoke to basically said I need to contact them again in April when I get my next p60 and they will readjust the claim. Which leaves a deficit between now and April.

We got some help with HB whilst I was on SMP but obviously now I am back at work this will stop.

Out outgoings are going to be more than I earn for the next few months?

One of the online calculators I used allowed me to use the option "if you know your earnings will be significantly lower in 2015/2016 period" whereas the actual HMRC form doesn't allow for this?

So we're basically fucked.

Is there anything I can do? I have advised council I go back to work so HB has been stopped.

Having a complete panic here.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now