Mystery Shopper Ads

(7 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Thu 14-Jan-16 17:03:03

Does anyone work as a mystery shopper? I keep getting emails about doing it at Morrisons? Is it any good? Good money? Do you get paid as an employee or do you have to register as self-employed? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

NoodleNuts Fri 15-Jan-16 12:38:07

I'm a mystery shopper.

If you are going to do it for the money, then I wouldn't bother as most jobs actually pay very little. Less than £10 in most cases. You will be asked to purchase something and usually get the cost of that back up to a certain amount.

I usually do pubs/restaurants where there is often no fee but you will get the cost of your food and drinks (up to a limit) reimbursed. Not sure if I am allowed to mention names here but as an example, for one very famous pub chain the fee is £3.25 and they will reimburse up to £9.25 and you have to eat/drink what they tell you.

I've also done large retail outlets and the amount of things you are required to do for the small amount of money paid (products you have to look for, queries you have to ask staff, purchases you have to make) doesn't make it worth my while to be honest.

I am registered with about 5 different mystery shopping companies and available jobs are listed on their websites so you have to check regularly if you want work. Depending on where you live and how many shoppers there are in your area, jobs can be snapped up extremely quickly.

NoodleNuts Fri 15-Jan-16 12:38:53

Oh and forgot to add that you will be self-employed, not an employee.

MissBattleaxe Fri 15-Jan-16 12:44:17

It's not bad. I used to belong to three and got around ten quid a time. It all adds up if you're going into town anyway. They pay you about 4 weeks later, so its nice if it all comes in at once. I recommend Grassroots and gfk.

Craftycakey15 Fri 15-Jan-16 16:37:14

Thanks for all your replies. I probably would have done it if I didnt have to be selfemployed! Not worth doing a tax return for!

MissBattleaxe Fri 15-Jan-16 16:48:54

I never did a tax return.

NoodleNuts Fri 15-Jan-16 18:49:50

Nor me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now