Finding a way forward - work related!

(3 Posts)
MRSSF1 Thu 14-Jan-16 10:59:08

Sorry if this gets too long but here goes. I feel as if I'm stuck in a rut. Background is that I'm a law grad with a 2:1 from an ok ish Uni. A number (6) years ago when I graduated, recession had just hit and I was offered a place to study an LPC (further 1 year course) to become a Solicitor. However I didn't end up doing this course as I was worried about the cost implications I. E. Spending £10k on a course that didn't guarantee employment prospects particularly as I needed to find a training contract to ensure qualification as a Solicitor and these are notoriously hard to come by.
I made my peace with it (or so I thought) and instead of doing the course worked for a few law firms as a Paralegal. Fast forward a few years and I haven't worked since my child was born 2 years ago - mainly because of childcare being so expensive but also because I really feel like I don't know what to get into. I have many interests but can't seem to focus on one single career option for me. This was the case 6 years ago and I'm afraid it still is now sad and for some reason I can't make peace with that. Sorry if this sounds pointless or if I'm waffling. I just want to BE someone - I just don't know what.

JemimaPuddleduckox Fri 15-Jan-16 09:21:57

Can totally sympathise with that - also a law graduate! Done so many different things over the years, some law-related and some not; all I have found out is that working for other people definitely doesn't work for me! Want to start my own business, but not sure what. Am over 50 but still don't know what I want to do when I grow up!
Are there others like us out there?!

JemimaMuddleDuck Fri 15-Jan-16 19:45:32

Not law but the working for other people thing definitely resonates!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now