Any school business managers around?

(5 Posts)
KP86 Mon 04-Jan-16 10:11:52

I have an interview for a school business manager position later this week. I'm from Australia and held a similar (not in a school) position back home.

Are there any school business managers or office staff on here who could give me a bit more info about what to expect? The job description is pretty generic and talks about office and resource management, HR bits and pieces, finance, record management, securing sponsorship etc. I can do all of that.

My questions are more around Child Protection requirements, OFSTED, what other agencies or ministries should I be aware of? If only so I can look them up between now and the interview.

Thanks!

KP86 Mon 04-Jan-16 11:45:59

Bump

KP86 Mon 04-Jan-16 20:45:43

Bump for the last time hoping to catch the evening crowd.

DrownedGirl Mon 04-Jan-16 21:03:43

You should definitely look at latest safeguarding guidance on ofsted website and also safer recruitment /single central record as that often falls to the SBM

Is it a LA school or academy? Are you aware of current cost pressures ... Teacher pensions, loss of ni rebate, restricted spiral funds, end of summer schls, national funding formula?

KP86 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:21:11

Thank you! I am aware of nothing. That's a really good start. Even if I don't know the answers it gives me some questions to ask.

We only moved to the UK a couple of months ago, no children in the school system yet. I'm relying on my existing skills being fairly transferable to the new role.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now