Change of Career - Healthcare Assistant?

(2 Posts)
HelenS35 Mon 29-Jun-15 23:00:17

Hello!
I am planning a career change at the moment. Moving from the corporate world into something a bit more meaningful with plenty of people contact where I can make a difference to people (sorry if it sounds a bit corny...). Becoming a healthcare assistant in a hospital is something that really appeals to me (possibly bank work as I can't do shift work with my husband's work commitments).
Have any of you any experience of moving into this type of role? Is it work that you enjoy? What are the good and bad parts of the job? I'd be keen to get your views. Thanks!

Etak15 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:07:20

Working on the bank is a good place to start - maybe do this alongside your current job at first to make sure you like it before making the switch. Gives you chance to work different wards/departments etc. But staying on the bank long term doesn't give u all the entitlements that contracted position would - ie annual leave, mat leave, pension etc but obviously depends on your situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now