going back to work after a big gap !

(3 Posts)
starfish82 Sun 21-Jun-15 17:06:42

I'm starting back to work after a 5 year career gap ! I'm a little bit at a lose as to how to juggle childcare and full time work I'm sure it's possible as many other parents manage it on a daily basis but I'm not sure where to start . I have 2 son's my oldest is 12 and my youngest is 5 my husband works shifts 1 week early the next plates and my hours will be 9.30 -5.30 any and all advise welcome x

CountryLovingGirl Sun 21-Jun-15 18:50:51

Hi,

Would you allow your eldest to come home from school on his own? Would your husband be home in time for him on his early weeks? You could ask a childminder to help out on the weeks he was lates. We have a similar problem as my hubby works early/late shifts (sometimes a middle shift like 9-5). I work in the NHS so can be working until 8pm (with an hour commute) so that causes problems for us.
A childminder would have both children after school and in the hols. Or, you could use a holiday club in the school hols.
Look into after school clubs at the secondary school too.
Good luck!

Nolim Tue 23-Jun-15 05:23:36

How long is your commute? Does the school have a breakfast and homework club?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now