Back to work- but how do I find a job?

(4 Posts)
charlieb81 Tue 16-Jun-15 22:33:57

Hi MNers, in desperate need of some advice.

Been a sahm for 5 1/2 years but DS2 is starting school in autum sad.

So I am looking to go back to work but really worried about how to juggle school and job? Ideally I want to be within 30 mins of his school so I can be there to pick him up and drop him off most days? dh can't really help too much as his hours are abit unpredictable.

How did you find a job when going back to work? Are agencies the only place to go or are any websites any good? I've tried a couple but its been really hard to check hours and where the job is.

I wd be happy with any kind of admin, receptionist work as this is what I've done before and I am ok with computers etc. Full time or maybe 4 days a week to start with.

Thanks smile

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 16-Jun-15 22:37:23

Agencies are ok, you can go for a couple of agency interviews and get the practise in! They will know off the bat what hours are offered as well.

Part time roles don't come up as often so definitely apply directly as well, there's nothing wrong with asking.

charlieb81 Tue 16-Jun-15 22:50:35

Thanks, I will give agencies a go as i definitely need the practice! I always thought they were not the best option because they take a cut of your pay, do you know if thats true?

starsandunicorns Tue 16-Jun-15 23:00:52

I look on indeed website it gathers lots of jobs from diff sites though it also shows up how many times the same job is being advisted on diff sites

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now