Working from home, online?

(7 Posts)
frazzled74 Sun 17-Aug-14 22:47:28

I have a job (nhs)but really need to increase my earnings, I can't work outside the home any more than I already do due to childcare etc. are there any jobs that I could do from home, maybe online? Looking to earn around £25-50 per week. I would really appreciate any suggestions,

BranchingOut Mon 18-Aug-14 09:20:03

There is something you can do, I think the company is called 'Ironbridge' or similar.

Also, remote call handling? A bit like a call centre but from home.

NapoleonsNose Mon 18-Aug-14 09:30:52

I think it may be Lionbridge that you are thinking of. I've been thinking about doing this before too - you've just reminded me that I need to look into it further.

BranchingOut Mon 18-Aug-14 11:47:21

There we go!

Lion
Iron

Almost the same thing! ;)

frazzled74 Tue 19-Aug-14 05:59:26

Thanks, I will have a look at lionbridge.

LapsedTwentysomething Tue 19-Aug-14 17:45:21

I just looked at Lionbridge. The online application was so clunky I thought it didn't bode well for the job. I couldn't see to scroll through the countries on either IE or Chrome. Could try Firefox I suppose.

I'm curious to know whether crowd working is really viable as someone's main source of income. Amazon Turks platform had a bad write-up in this article in the New Scientist: www.newscientist.com/article/mg21729036.200-crowdsourcing-grows-up-as-online-workers-unite.html#.U_xQmGK9KSO
It also mentions an organisation working as more of a social enterprise:
https://leadgenius.com/worker-faq
Anyone had experience of working for these guys? What other crowd worker platforms are there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now