Cv advice - how to show 2 jobs done in same time period

(4 Posts)
Teatimetinny Tue 01-Apr-14 17:25:45

I'm about to apply for the job of my dreams - marketing consultant. I'm currently working full time as a marketing manager, but I've been working freelance as a consultant in my own time. That's the job I want to highlight on my cv, but I'm not sure how to show it against my day job.

Also because this is a senior position I'm tempted to do a 3 page cv. I know it's generally a no-no but I've done lots outside of full time employment that I think would help my application

All advice gratefully received!

bookishandblondish Fri 04-Apr-14 21:07:43

2 page CV only. Only put relevant stuff though. Senior position - will really be about the pen portrait ( para at beginning) and what you do with the first page.

And simply put the relevant dates for the concurrent stuff.

Feb-mar 2014 job a ( most relevant for position)
Feb - mar 2014 ( job b)

In your covering letter, highlight the advantages/ benefits etc.

My big tip - find a professional American to review - the America education system is brilliant at this - every American I've met knows how to sell themselves on CVs,

bookishandblondish Fri 04-Apr-14 21:08:24

And by professional - I simply mean someone in a professional type job not a cv reviewer

Teatimetinny Mon 07-Apr-14 17:39:55

Ooh thanks for your tips. I've not changed the format of my cv for a long time. I applied for the job via a recruitment agent but haven't heard back as yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now