How is your maternity leave listed on your CV?

(6 Posts)
moomin35 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:46:38

I was made redundant in November 2013 and am now expecting a baby meaning i cant return to work until November this year when hopefully i can get a job when my baby is 6 months old. On my CV I would like to put that I had one year out for maternity leave to have my baby but how should I do this and what did you do?

WildThong Wed 05-Mar-14 13:49:19

I put 'career break' on mine and was prepared to explain fully if asked

WhosLookingAfterCourtney Wed 05-Mar-14 13:50:36

Maternity leave is a period where you are still employed, you wouldn't need to put it on a cc any more than you would annual leave.

I ran a tiny hobby business on etsy while I was a sahm, it was linked to my industry so I put that on my cv. Could you do something like that?

moomin35 Wed 05-Mar-14 14:20:55

Thanks for your replies, sorry i meant to explain that I am not employed though I am out of work due to being made redundant from my job in november so by the time my baby is 6 months old this november i will have been unemployed and out of work for one year, shall i just put "career break" as wildthong as suggested? x

WildThong Wed 05-Mar-14 20:52:06

I would do that moomin. You can always explain it in more detail if you are asked at a future interview.

lilacmamacat Wed 26-Mar-14 13:00:17

I know I'm late to the party on this but...
I am in the same position as Moomin. I've put 'maternity break' on my CV; it's gets around the still being at work element that Whos mentioned, but I feel it looks a little less evasive than 'career break'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now