Somebody help im restless

(4 Posts)
Babyroobs Tue 28-Jan-14 22:27:07

As pp says if you are a lone parent you can stay on Income support until your child is 5. They tend to start caling you in for work focussed interviews before that though so that you can plan ahead. Obviously there's no reason that you can't return to work whenever you want, You would most likely get help with childcare costs.

PortofinoRevisited Tue 28-Jan-14 21:07:35

Not at 5 months no. There must have been an admin cock up. When your child is in school aged 5 you are meant to look for appropriate work.

Mummytobe13 Tue 28-Jan-14 21:04:55

Urgent!!!!!

Mummytobe13 Tue 28-Jan-14 21:04:17

My son is now 5 1/2 months old.so i get a letter from the joncentre to attend an interview with personal adviser to discuss my current situation.went in today for the adviser to tell me that i need to go back to work,ive never had a perm job ive always temped through recruitment agencies.i stressed to him that my child is still very young how can i return to work especially when im a lone parent.all he had to say was the government have put in new changes and that lone parents should go back to work whilst childcare can take care of my baby. This cant be true?? Does anyone know of this is true? Ive been in tears i cant leave my child and im not ready for work i havent even started weaning.someone please put my mind at rest.at the moment i am receiving income support.adviser said my benefits could be sanctioned

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now