Job application help please.

(5 Posts)
bazingasheldon Tue 28-Jan-14 18:54:31

Have already posted this in chat but it has gone down like a lead balloon.

I am in the process of getting myself back into work after 5 years out. Not looking for anything fancy just something in admin/retail. I have seen a nice job working in admin for B&Q and am filling in the application form as I type.

The usual dreaded questions have come up.

Why do you want to work for us? ummm pays the bills
What does great customer service mean to you? don't piss them off
Please describe a time when you have taken responsibility for something to happen? getting 12 year old out of bed in the mornings in order for her to get to school

Any ideas of what I can put to make me sound less of a numpty? I used to have all sorts of buzzwords and phrases for questions like this but my brain seems to have forgotten them over the years. Out of practice!

SoldeInvierno Tue 28-Jan-14 19:15:58

1. I want to work for a company that understands family values and sells interesting products

SoldeInvierno Tue 28-Jan-14 19:17:44

2. Listening to customer needs and doing my utmost to help the customer, even in situations when the customer might be stressed or annoyed

SoldeInvierno Tue 28-Jan-14 19:19:28

3. Cannot help you here but try to think of stuff you have organised: big parties, PTA, fund raising, any volunteering??

bazingasheldon Tue 28-Jan-14 20:04:37

Thank you. I have finally finished, it took two hours including a 45 min assessment. I think it would have been easier to get into MI6!

Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now