Level 3 Teaching Assistant- anyone doing it? Fancy a study buddy?

(10 Posts)
flyingwidow Mon 07-Oct-13 11:23:17

Hi- I am about to start my Level 3 Teaching Assistant course on Wednesday at a local college. I have very little idea of what to expect, but am volunteering at the local school alongside doing the course.

Is anyone about to start/already started and fancy a study buddy?

Thanks!

purple15 Mon 07-Oct-13 18:56:02

Good luck on your course !

Im a level 3 NNEB just wondered how long it is likely to take you?

flyingwidow Mon 07-Oct-13 20:56:28

The course itself appears to only be 4 taught mornings- over a 4 month period. But... I am yet to find out how many essays etc will have to be submitted and what period I have to do them over- I'll update you after Wednesday! I sound so naive about this- I am! and I managed to get my application submitted with very little time before the deadline- so I haven't blush done much research.

However my ds is a preschool every morning and I am going to make the most of that as study time!

jjbingo Wed 09-Oct-13 07:42:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

flyingwidow Wed 09-Oct-13 14:21:39

Yes- I'm doing the award level (the most basic) which is what schools round here seem to be looking for.

jjbingo Tue 22-Oct-13 11:06:32

Sounds great. Hopefully you'll be able to get the qualification as quick as possible. How are you finding the units?

flyingwidow Tue 22-Oct-13 14:57:37

I've started the first unit and it isn't too bad!! Hard to gauge where the level of answers should be pitched but think it's going okay. Hoping to get as much done over the next couple of days before half term starts!!

spongebobscardypants Sat 26-Oct-13 09:06:07

Ohhhh I'm enrolling this week. I'm doing level 3 diploma. I have my placement sorted and can't wait to start!grin

jjbingo Sun 27-Oct-13 00:00:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

spongebobscardypants Sun 27-Oct-13 12:45:52

JJ, thanks! No as one of the mums from school is a head at a junior school. I get them impression free help is always welcomed. I didn't want to go to my DDs school as don't want everyone knowing my business. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now