What daytime weekday jobs pay around £10-£12 per hour?

(2 Posts)
Mogz Wed 11-Sep-13 18:35:31

Depends where you live but PAs to Directors earn at least £10 in most places. If you're up for retraining completely then web design, programming, seo, anything on the web will earn you a very nice wage after a year or two as a junior.
Good luck in your job search

nappyaddict Wed 11-Sep-13 01:40:48

I currently work as a waitress. The money's not bad with tips and because of the hours I do, I don't have to pay childcare. However I need a career change as the hours are doing nothing for my family life. I'm 25 and I still don't know what I want to do "when I grow up."

I have looked into a course to become a teaching assistant. A higher level teaching assistant can earn up to £24, 646 in our area. However I think the pro-rata salary is £19, 541. I would obviously save £1170 a year that I would have to pay for holiday childcare with other jobs. DP wants me to look into doing something with better prospects, promotions, pay rises etc.

If I went for a different career that included working in the holidays then to take home roughly the same money after paying childcare I am looking at about £11.38 an hour.

Basically what I want to know is what job do you do that pays around £10/12 per hr?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now