Proof of ID when applying for a job?

(3 Posts)
MrsGSR Sat 07-Sep-13 23:58:24

My sister just got a job at a big chain of restaurants, she needed her full birth certificate for some reason, as well as her passport. Might be worth taking just incase!

needaholidaynow Sat 07-Sep-13 17:10:15

I've actually just checked on the Govt's website and it says that UK Passports can be accepted even if they're out of date! smile Problem solved.

needaholidaynow Sat 07-Sep-13 16:49:22

Just been applying for jobs that are closer to home as I have to commute 2 hours a day and getting a bit fed up of it!

I just have a bit of a problem with my photographic ID. My passport is out of date and I don't hold a driving licence.

Passports are pretty expensive to renew, so I was wondering if there is anything I could use? Would they accept my passport even if it is out of date? Or is there anything I could use? Is a birth certificate not sufficient on its own?

It's really depressing because I want a new job and I can't even apply one as I can't even prove I can work! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now