Part time work and benefits?

(3 Posts)
Chloebw Fri 06-Sep-13 20:45:52

Thanks. I would like to maybe start out with 22 hours or 3 days a week and build it up over a few months

Theincidental Fri 06-Sep-13 19:03:09

Go to the "entitled to" website and you can put in figure for various scenarios to see which might work best for you.

I coped ok as a single parent on mat leave but went into 2.5 days a week in a low paid job and it was not great for my finances at all, but better than income support and full benefits. I'm now 4 days a week and slightly better paid and though not comfortable, I can pay the bills!

There are resources available but it is a hard fight to get some of them. Good luck to you

Chloebw Fri 06-Sep-13 18:52:29

Hi there, looking for some advice or even where I can get the advice I'm looking for!
I have a permanent full time contract currently and own mat leave. However they are quite flexible and I can go back for less hours if I so wish.
What I want to know is what are my options money wise if I work less hours as I'm a single parent. And what the break down are of hours to claim anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now