Flexible working paycut - same workload

(5 Posts)
Gf0rce Sun 23-Jun-13 20:57:36

My employer has reluctantly agreed to 4 day week.
They have advised I will need to take a 20% paycut and when I asked what work 20% of my job would be taken away (so I am clear and can have the 4 day week trial period made permanent) I was told they expected me to do 100% of the job I was doing before for 80% of the money and that if I didn't think it were possible I would have to go back 5days.

Are they allowed to do this? It seems unreasonable. I can find very little online about the legality around this, can anyone help?

lougle Sun 23-Jun-13 20:59:48

Have you put in a flexible working request? Did you state a case for how the workload could be reorganised?

joanofarchitrave Sun 23-Jun-13 21:01:26

Jeez. Ring ACAS in the morning. I'm assuming you don't have a union if you're asking here, but this might be the moment to find out if you have any legal services included with your contents insurance or bank account, if any.

Gf0rce Sun 23-Jun-13 21:24:03

I went through the appeal procedure (after flexible working request) to get agreement to 4 day trial period.
I don't have a union, so any advice on this would be much appreciated
Thanks

BriansBrain Sun 23-Jun-13 21:31:21

I didn't lose any work load when I cut down from full time days to part time (school hours) I just work harder with a focus on managing my time and am very grateful they let me change my hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now