Oh no I just cried at work in front of a colleague

(9 Posts)
hotbot Sun 23-Jun-13 10:15:21

I would de,finitely work to rule. Not wanting to upset you , do you genuinely feel that the workload you ar edong is for a full timer. In what way. Are you affected by your current workload.is your workload different to other part timers, what discussions took place about work expectations when you went part time.
These are questions to consider when you meet with your boss, hr and your union rep again. It isn't about being given your full time hours back but about whether the workload you have is considerably more than do able etc.....
Good luck

2beornot Sun 23-Jun-13 09:21:43

Unfortunately you make them let you go full time again. But you need to have a frank discussion with them and say you are not coping with the level of work. If they kick up a fuss, talk to HR or a union rep if you have one!

I wouldn't worry about the tear, we have all done it at some time in my office.

I would check with your hr but flexible work requests are perm where I am (public sector) as the remainder used to be filled in the good old days. Now budget savings are used to support the request.

bordellosboheme Sun 23-Jun-13 09:01:52

Chat thread...... Good idea grin

bordellosboheme Sun 23-Jun-13 09:01:30

Thanks for the supportive replies. They are saving money in their eyes, and I am just about doing the job, so to them, all looks ok. Definitely a lack of support I think..... Advice line or HR sounds like a good idea. I also need to if d out whether flexible working requests are temporary or permanent.......

Nevercan Sat 22-Jun-13 19:39:40

We have all done it don't worry. What reasons did they give for not letting you go back to full time?

Is it easy to divide work up? Because you should be doing half of what your colleagues are doing? But I appreciate drawing the line isn't always easy.
And join us on the chat thread, today has been a very quiet MN day.. Anyone would think it was sunny outside confused

IndigoCat Sat 22-Jun-13 19:00:38

I'm sorry no one has responded to your thread, I haven't got the answer for you but you are obviously under a lot of pressure and it sounds like there is a lot more going on, ie you are not being supported. Try and do a google search about where you could get some advice. Does your workplace have an advice line or can you speak to anyone in HR?

bordellosboheme Fri 21-Jun-13 12:12:41

I asked to go back to full time after a year of part time working which has been shite (no less work, just half pay). The boss said he didn't think it would be possible. I have pissed on my own chips going part time. The next meeting I had had me spontaneously bursting into tears over the poor unsuspecting woman. How do I recover from that?????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now