Any Residential Valuers Around?

(3 Posts)
KristinaFranziska Wed 26-Jun-13 11:43:11

I see you've had no replies. I'm presuming you want RICS Qualified valuers rather than the local Estate Agent. Here's a couple of opportunities you can create for yourself:

Pop into town and go into your local Estate Agents and ask them who are the local valuers and give them a call. Invite them for a coffee and a chat.

Take a look at Colleys and track down your local Bank/B. Soc valuer. Ditto a phone call.
http://www.colleys.co.uk/

Ask to work shadow for a day? Offer to help them in whatever way you can contribute as a thank you. Maybe type up the reports from that day?

Good luck!

OffToWork Sat 22-Jun-13 12:56:03

Just bumping this as would love to talk so someone who has done/is doing this role.

I've got an interview next week (first one in almost 10 years!)

OffToWork Thu 13-Jun-13 14:15:43

I'm hoping to find work as a resi valuer at the moment. I'm had a good stint off work (5 years) while my children were young but am really keen to get back to it.

I am a chartered surveyor but haven't worked in this sector before. Am not sure about returning to work in my old sector/area as I would be gone from the house 7am-7pm on good days and longer on other days and as I'm divorced feel this would be hard on the kids. Am hoping if I could get into a valuers job that I could sometimes do the school run and make the time up in the evenings. However I think my salary potential would be a lot better in my old role and the job would be potentially more interesting (assuming someone gave me a chance to get back to it) and have more room to grow/do different roles.

I was wondering if there are any valuers around who could tell me a bit about their jobs.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now