Jobhunting while on maternity leave- let's support each other

(4 Posts)
satsumagirl Mon 22-Apr-13 15:34:24

Hello ladies. I was recently made redundant. Currently on mat. leave ( DD is 4 months old). I am hoping to find a job for when she is aged 6 months, or older- am prepared to take my time for the right job.

I would love to share experiences with anyone who is/ has been in the same boat. I know the market is tough but I am DETERMINED to get a nice new job, however long it takes!

WipsGlitter Tue 23-Apr-13 20:45:05

I was in the same boat and did get another (temp) job. Two years down the line I'm struggling to get a permanent job, am currently in another temp (mat cover) post. It's very disheartening.

Beaker1983 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:35:44

Hi

Im in the same boat, was made redundant on mat leave, DD is now 10months old and I am struggling to find work whilst looking after her. I have no family in the area so am in a catch 22 with putting her in childcare and starting a job. The jobcentre are a big pile of uselessness who seem to just want to get me into any job when I need to be earning enough to cover childcare costs!

Queenmarigold Thu 22-Aug-13 19:40:44

I think I'm about to join you. I'm getting screwed over due to mat leave- and it looks like there's not much I can do about it. I am terrified, bloody terrified. The mortgage is massive, the childcare is massive- we are in debt before the month starts. Damn young, child free people- your time will come then us old ones will take your jobs!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now