Gcse maths for graduate jobs

(5 Posts)
Goldchilled7up Mon 18-Mar-13 17:55:07

I'm currently on an undergraduate course and I've just been made aware that most graduate programmes ask for a minimum grade c in maths. The problem is that I didn't do my secondary studies in the Uk and in my country we don't have any exams that would be equivalent to gcses. As most applications are done online, I'm worried to be scanned out straight always by selecting no gcses.

Should I sit as an external candidate for gcses now during my degree? smile

NatashaBee Mon 18-Mar-13 18:01:19

It would probably be easiest to just sit the GCSE. However you can get an educational assessor to assess your foreign transcripts and provide a 'translation' of what your qualification is equivalent to. Then you would probably be justified in just ticking the box on the application, and sending the transcript assessment in later with an explanation. I've just done this in the US and it cost $200. So the exam fee for the GCSE might be cheaper.

Phineyj Mon 18-Mar-13 18:02:13

It might not be a bad idea - it'll save a lot of hassle and it is required a lot, for instance for teacher training.

Goldchilled7up Mon 18-Mar-13 18:02:30

Sorry if I made it confusing, by graduate programmes I mean graduate jobs. Thanks

Goldchilled7up Tue 19-Mar-13 19:07:13

Thank you for your replies, I'll do that. I did a couple of mock tests on my phone, and it seems quite straight forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now