Psychology

(1 Post)
ComradeJing Tue 19-Feb-13 00:58:06

I'm in my mid/late 20s and have never had a career. DC are under two and I'm thinking about what I can do that will allow me to work around school/holidays etc. I'm always been interested in therapy or psychology and think this is an area I would be good in. DH is older too and when he retires we would be moving to a smaller town so a job that is transferable would be great too. I'm lucky that DH earns a great amount so I don't have to work but if anything MN has taught me about the importance of being able to rely on oneself if the worst were to happen.

Can anyone talk to me about the practicalities of being a psychologist or therapist? Have I got the wrong end of the stick for how this could work for me/us as a family?

I don't have a degree and I'm looking at this one. I don't have child care here so a distance learning course is best for me.

I wasn't sure if I should post this in education or back to work and will re post if I don't get much advice here. Any views or advice would be much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now