Going back to work - what would be ideal working hours? please help

(6 Posts)
CaptainSweatPants Fri 15-Feb-13 15:07:51

Depends what childcare you're using

If it's nursery then longer days and less if them make more economics sense - so 9-5 for 3 days

But once kids are at school 9.30-3 would be ideal

NannyPlumIsMyMum Fri 15-Feb-13 15:05:47

Sorry 9-3 , 3 days a week.

NannyPlumIsMyMum Fri 15-Feb-13 15:05:08

For me it was 9-3 smile.

Mutley77 Fri 15-Feb-13 15:02:19

Sounds like you are really lucky with your boss!

It does depend on your childcare really - and age of child. When I only had one DC and she was little, I preferred to have her at her childminder for two or three full days and work that pattern. I have been lucky as she has got older (and DC2 has also arrived) I have been able to adjust my work pattern around them - so now I do 2 long days and 2 short days (one school hours and one just a morning).

I would say look at childcare options first then work around that.

HormonalHousewife Fri 15-Feb-13 12:58:12

Well for me I would like to be in work at 9.30am and then leave at 3pm and preferably not work school holidays or weekends.

I know this is not always practical and thats why I am happy at home grin

Affinity Fri 15-Feb-13 10:04:22

I am doing some research for work as I will be going on Maternity leave shortly and we are looking into cover whilst I am away. My boss was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what would be the ideal hours for a mum going back to work part time, but as he has never had this situation (and I am a first time mum), I was hoping that you may be able to offer some suggestions. Many thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now