help much needed please!!!

(5 Posts)
UsedToBeAPixie Wed 20-Feb-13 22:20:55

Did you keep the abusive texts? Try this charity for some advice - I don't know what the content of the texts were but it sounds like your manager's attitude may amount to discrimination. http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/

Good luck xxx

kellyreed2012 Mon 11-Feb-13 14:34:13

i work in a small private day nursery we do not have HR XX

kellyreed2012 Mon 11-Feb-13 14:33:34

my manager is going to refuse it saying it doesnt work for the buisiness?... am i best off going on the sick untill i find another job?.. no i have already been told i wont have to pay and maternity pay back will i really not be entitled to benifits even when i have a child i didnt think they could do that? xx

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kellyreed2012 Mon 11-Feb-13 14:23:45

hi!!.... i am due to return to work in april, i was signed off sick 2 weeks before due to go on maternity with high blood pressure and i got really abusive texts from my manager so i left on a really bad note... i had every intention of going back to work but not full time, i have recently just found out from a few of my work collegues that my manager has been nragging saying that she is only going to offer me 40 hours and no less as she knows i wont go back to work then?... i am a single parent and i have worked all my life so i have no idea about benifits or anything!! and i really need help asap!!!.... what will i be best of doing handing my notice in and going on the dole???.... does anybody know what i will be entitled to??..... or signing off sick what will i get then??....im so confused and really need help please!!! thanks!! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now