Feel like a blagger

(3 Posts)
SarahG41 Thu 31-Jan-13 07:23:25

Nursery asked me to pick my LO up on Tuesday as has eye infection. Turns out i have it to. Treated him yesterday and last night both up coughing and sneezing - really dry cough. Think I have had 2hrs sleep. Now as I now feel ill (don't sound it though) I want to call in and be off sick. Without a baby this decision would be easy, ill not slept, call in sick. But as been off already unpaid with LO since Tuesday lunchtime feel like I am blagging it !! Why do I feel this way? And have other people had this issue, off with LO and then ended up sick themselves....

Betty5313 Thu 31-Jan-13 16:57:47

I called in to rearrange days because dd had chickenpox. that night I went down with a severe kidney infection. I got short shrift when I called in sick, I know it looked suspicious hut I really couldn't. work and my sick dd had to go to her grandparents because I couldn't look after her.

SarahG41 Thu 31-Jan-13 23:12:19

Thanks for the response.
you are right, it does look suspicious.....think that's why I felt so awkward about calling in sick. Good job we get so many 'unpaid days' as a law. Otherwise all mums holidays would be used up by spring time. I bet the majority don't feel guilty at all!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now