Advice please on changing working days

(6 Posts)
IHeartIona Wed 23-Jan-13 13:29:15

Thanks!

belleat40 Wed 16-Jan-13 22:34:25

Excellent news. Hope it all works out for you.

IHeartIona Thu 10-Jan-13 20:59:36

Phew: wOrk fine with me changing a day and childminder confirmed!

IHeartIona Thu 10-Jan-13 11:44:54

Thanks. No I guess not! Just getting in a lather about it due to nerves I guess. Am going to email and explain the situation and hope my boss will be able to agree without meeting to discuss it so I don't lose the childminder!

belleat40 Thu 10-Jan-13 11:32:45

Sounds reasonable to me, is there any reason why you wouldn't be able to do different day?

IHeartIona Thu 10-Jan-13 11:23:00

I'm going back in Feb after mat leave with dd2. I started working 3 days a week plus half day from home after mat leave with dd1. I've just met a fab childminder who can have both my girls but I would need to change one of my working days. Am keen to sign up with childminder but obviously need to check with work first.

I haven't been in touch with my boss recently and there have been redundancies at work so I expect she will want to meet me rather than just let me know by email. Also mu boss is always busy so may not be able to meet for a while.

What should I do? Email and explain the urgency and see if she is happy for me to change a day then arrange to meet afterwards once childcare is arranged? Please let me know if that sounds rude. After a yr on mat leave I am not yet in business mode... Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now