Advice please on changing working days

(6 Posts)
IHeartIona Thu 10-Jan-13 11:23:00

I'm going back in Feb after mat leave with dd2. I started working 3 days a week plus half day from home after mat leave with dd1. I've just met a fab childminder who can have both my girls but I would need to change one of my working days. Am keen to sign up with childminder but obviously need to check with work first.

I haven't been in touch with my boss recently and there have been redundancies at work so I expect she will want to meet me rather than just let me know by email. Also mu boss is always busy so may not be able to meet for a while.

What should I do? Email and explain the urgency and see if she is happy for me to change a day then arrange to meet afterwards once childcare is arranged? Please let me know if that sounds rude. After a yr on mat leave I am not yet in business mode... Thanks

belleat40 Thu 10-Jan-13 11:32:45

Sounds reasonable to me, is there any reason why you wouldn't be able to do different day?

IHeartIona Thu 10-Jan-13 11:44:54

Thanks. No I guess not! Just getting in a lather about it due to nerves I guess. Am going to email and explain the situation and hope my boss will be able to agree without meeting to discuss it so I don't lose the childminder!

IHeartIona Thu 10-Jan-13 20:59:36

Phew: wOrk fine with me changing a day and childminder confirmed!

belleat40 Wed 16-Jan-13 22:34:25

Excellent news. Hope it all works out for you.

IHeartIona Wed 23-Jan-13 13:29:15

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now