maternity leave ends this month - hand holding needed

(7 Posts)
Fivemoreminutesmummy Fri 11-Jan-13 06:34:38

Let me know how you get on! Good luck. I got my rota last night so a bit daunting bit at least I know where I'm up to.

mumnosbest Thu 10-Jan-13 23:41:53

oops! i am christmas... just NC back after xmas.

mumnosbest Thu 10-Jan-13 23:25:57

hi all sorry i disappeared earlier. i know just what you mean five money aside i have put too much into my job to give up on it. i'm really lucky that childcare is sorted (thanks dm) but don't know how i'm going to even get us all dressed, fed and out never mind the rest! i've been off a whole year so i've forgotten everything, my job is completely different and even the staff have changed.

Fivemoreminutesmummy Thu 10-Jan-13 16:50:24

Me too, I've had 13 months off with DS2 and go back at the start of feb. dreading it really- I'm a doctor so long shifts, nights, trying to scrabble around for childcare if DH and I overlap shifts and feeling like I have forgotten everything!
Would love to be SAHM but feel I've worked hard to get where I am and we need the money.

cjd32lilac Thu 10-Jan-13 14:48:03

No it's not easy at all. Having done it (with 2 dcs not 3!) & nearly driven myself bonkers in the process I have one piece of advice. Focus on what you DO achieve & NOT what you don't. We are too hard one ourselves when in reality we should be impressed on a daily basis about what we manage to fit in!

IHeartIona Thu 10-Jan-13 11:24:02

I am! How long have you been off?

The countdown has begun now. 11 days till I go back to work as a teacher and I could cry at the thought of it. I don't mind my job but love being a full-time mum and have no idea how I'm going to get myself and 3 dcs ready and get all my work done!

anyone else going back soon?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now