How the hell am I meant to make this work?!

(53 Posts)
aimingtobeaperfectionist Sun 23-Dec-12 22:30:48

I'm due to go back to work in a month or so. Have been looking at figures and based on what I'd be paid and what id have to pay for Childcare, I'd be taking home £10 a day (before tax but not sure if I'd actually be taxed on this).
I'm going to see citizens advice as soon as possible but has anyone got any thoughts/ advice/ help?
I can not survive on that, it doesn't need to cover mortgage or bills but I need to pay for food, clothes etc.
Am I expecting too much? Should I just go back full time and try to survive on £50/wk? Is this possible?!
Any advice please.

aimingtobeaperfectionist Mon 24-Dec-12 15:25:45

Yes you're all right, we need to split things 50/50. Talked to him this morning and he said I was daft for not just doing that in the first place.
Thanks.

Glad you managed to get it sorted smile

Festivechocaholic Wed 26-Dec-12 23:15:29

OP i had the same situation for years as moved into DHs house then he just continued to pay the mortgage etc, we changed it about a year after DS was born and it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders... It took a while but we wrote down every single outgoing (over the whole year as some things only come out every 3 months etc). Then we worked out how much we had coming in from wages and deducted total outgoings from that and split what was left over equally... Not sure i have explained that well, does it make sense? So he puts in more than me but thats because he earns more then we both have the same amount of spending money to ourselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now