No one will employ me?

(4 Posts)
lljkk Sat 22-Dec-12 09:21:11

It's hard to get jobs right now, I have tertiary degrees & best I can manage right now is being bank staff for DC school lunchtime supervision.

GingerJulep Fri 21-Dec-12 19:53:58

Why do employers need to know about your daughter?

Are you applying for part-time roles due to her or is it because you need to explain a 'career break' on your CV?

I interview a lot of people and never ask about their personal circumstances, it isn't any of my business unless they actually won't be able to do the work.

BloominMisteltoeMarvellousWine Wed 19-Dec-12 09:21:41

I really get how you feel.

My contract ends on Friday and I have not found anything. For the last two years I have been in temporary roles and it is horrible. No security and my CV is getting longer and longer.

I cannot afford to be out of work so I have to take the temp/contract roles that are available but it means I will have to keep looking and will be in yet a different job in a few months.

It is tiring and depressing.

Nothing useful to add, I just wanted to say you are not alone sad

Abjel Wed 19-Dec-12 09:15:31

I have been applying for jobs since september but with no luck. I feel employers don't want to employ me because I am a mum and most of my experiences were gained outside the UK.

I am a well-trained fully qualified communications person and a mum of an 18month-old daughter.

It's really frustrating and depressing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now