New business, new baby...

(4 Posts)
Saffra Wed 21-Nov-12 20:48:04

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I have an online business (2.5 yrs trading) and a 14 month old. During my pregnancy, I posted on the Mumsnet freelance/self-employed boards as was worried about how I'd cope.

I think a lot depends on:

- your support (childcare, domestic, someone to help with the business even)
- how automated your systems are (e.g. Will customers need much advice/communications/returns rates)
- expectation levels of your customers
- whether you need the business to start generating revenue straight away - this can cause added pressure
- what your baby's like!

I spent most of my pregnancy getting plans in place - and things worked out really well in the end. That said, I was still emailing from hospital and checking things all the time!

janey68 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:28:09

The key is having good quality care in place for your baby, so that you're able to devote your concentration and energy completely on your work during work times. You'll be fine, especially as it sounds like you won't have to factor in commutes and nursery drops yet. Hope the business takes off well for you in the spring

EmNewMum Fri 09-Nov-12 07:45:08

Ps I should say I've got a great mum who's ok with me working from her house 2 to 3 days a week (so I can still be around baby but she will also help), and other half will work 1 day from hone.

EmNewMum Fri 09-Nov-12 07:32:26

I've been working on building a business for a year now...it's been an incredibly slow start but is now aligned to launch in April/May.

However during this time I've fallen pregnant with my first. Really happy about it! I'm due in Feb and really nervous about how to juggle both - has anyone done this before ???? It's online but also full on and requires a lot of marketing and sales work !

Any advice appreciated !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now