So tired!

(7 Posts)
Nevercan Tue 06-Nov-12 19:50:20

It took me a couple of months after dd1 to get back in the swing of things plus get a routine sorted so we could get out of the house on time. It is a bit change but it will settle down

gourd Tue 06-Nov-12 15:50:03

I went back to work when LO was 10 MO. She is now 2YO and it has got even more tiring not less so. I work 4 days a week on 80% salary and it just about works but it is really, really tiring. We are up at 6 and leave hourse at 7am so I dont watch TV during the week; I go to bed as soon as lunchbox/bag etc is ready for next day, basic chores are done and I've had a shower (around 8:30 or 9pm) and we all go to bed even earlier at weekends! This is the only way I can make it work. It's tough though, and basically there's no way around it - I think you just have to get used to it!!

NellyBluth Sun 04-Nov-12 20:16:09

I've just gone back to work. I am shattered too.

I am focusing on being shattered during the week, so spending my weekday evenings doing bits of housework, getting meals ready etc., so that I don't have much to do on the weekends but be with the baby. It's sort of working.

housesalehelp Thu 01-Nov-12 20:28:43

another shattered one here I am afraid- my youngest is 2 - that said I have had a quite a bit of time off - 2nd maternity leave and 6 months not working very little and I was tired then so I think its more the parenting than the work...there was a good thread about being organised and working full time might be some good hints there

eagerbeagle Wed 31-Oct-12 20:56:42

No advice but I've just gone back after mat leave and I am knackered too. And stressed out.

Sigh

orangeberries Wed 24-Oct-12 13:21:54

This is not going to help at all, but my last daughter is 3 years old and I only work 3 days but at the moment I am absolutely shattered. I think it will get better but it still goes in peaks and troughs - the absolute key is to find a way to cope with the troughs, which is something I still struggle with. I talk about giving up work everytime I hit a downturn and start to feel exhausted! Hopefully someone will come along with more advice!!

Loos Tue 23-Oct-12 21:16:58

I've returned to work ft after maternity leave and am shattered. How long did it take everyone to get back into the swing of work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now