Anyone fancy proof-reading my CV?

(11 Posts)
EarningCurveCvs Mon 12-Nov-12 13:42:02

Hi All,
The coments above are very unhelpful to the lady who first asked for help and anyone trying to help. Yes I charge for my hard work and expertise - don't you? My post was meant to help the lady concerned, but clearly there are some who think they know better! I thought Mumsnet community was for working mums to share help and ideas/discussion etc within the community. Perhaps not?

* I have 24 years experience of recruiting/HR and CV writing as well as coaching people to develop themselves successfully in their chosen career.
* What would be the point of telling someone that a CV is fantastic if it isn't? The reason the person has sent it for a review in the first place is to find out whether it contains the essential information likely to gain them an interview.
* Whilst the majority of CVs I read every day need work, some are well formatted and well written - and that is exactly what I tell the sender! I DO NOT tell people they need to spend money on a new CV if they clearly don't need to.
*I set up and run this company to help people have a far better chance to secure interviews and gain employment not to rip them off as has been suggested by the correspondents above. I simply do not need to do that as I have plenty of clients who appreciate the service I offer and love the work I do which has helped them get where they want to be. There are many out there who need help but let's face it, there is not a great deal of real hep available.
* Recruiters send clients to me as they are so fed up of reading poorly written CVs - if a recruiter doesn't read your CV, you'll wait a long time to get an interview!
* The longer a person is unemployed, the more they'll lose in wages, so investing in a well written CV that gets people interviews and jobs quicker is often money well spent. A professional CV that works and can help you get the job and income you need can cost as little as some people spend on various leisure activities/clothes. What's your priority?

If anyone is interested in genuine professional help then feel free to get in touch. smile

flowery Tue 23-Oct-12 12:26:30

Meggymoodle the free review will constitute telling the OP that her cv is rubbish and also telling her that Ms Richardson will make it wonderful for her for x fee.

For that reason OP, unless you are considering using a professional cv service, you may want to stick to people who have no agenda in reviewing it.

If you do want to use a professional cv service, I would suggest getting some personal recommendations from people who have used one, rather than using one who advertises themselves using your thread.

Many reputable services will offer a free review anyway.

fraktion Tue 23-Oct-12 12:22:50

I assume because they offer a review and then tell you it could be made so much better but it'll cost you for the privilege.

In other words they don't say anything useful.

Meggymoodle Tue 23-Oct-12 12:18:36

EarningCurveCvs - how do you make any money if you are doing it for free?

EarningCurveCvs Wed 17-Oct-12 22:19:42

Hi, I offer a Free Cv Review for anyone who visits my website www.CareerMaster-CVs.co.uk. My name is Sian Richardson and I set up Career Master CVs to help people get the interviews thay need to get the job they want. So many people try to write their own CV, but it's a skill to write a CV that works. 39percent of recruiters surveyed by the Ladders said they felt they missed out on potentially good candidates because their CVs were poor.

threefeethighandrising Wed 10-Oct-12 00:10:04

Thanks people, I really appreciate it smile I'll send it to you now.

I know the personal profile is bullshit by the way! I got a bit stuck there!

rockinhippy Tue 09-Oct-12 23:34:08

I'll gladly do it too, feel free to pm me

MirandaWest Tue 09-Oct-12 23:29:40

I'll have a look if you'd like smile Feel free to PM me.

drcrab Tue 09-Oct-12 23:28:14

Sure why not. Pm me! smile

threefeethighandrising Fri 05-Oct-12 16:11:50

hopeful bump smile

threefeethighandrising Fri 05-Oct-12 15:50:47

Got to get a job asap!

Anyone fancy giving my CV a once over? I'll be eternally grateful! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now