I've had ENOUGH! How much do cleaners cost??

(84 Posts)
Bigmerlin Wed 26-Oct-05 14:40:22

Hello
Had enough of doing all the bloody housework and working 3 days a week. Can't get dh to change, it's threatening our relationship. So... how much do cleaners cost [Berkshire] , and what's the best way to get one??

AND - why is it, if I drop just one of the many balls I am juggling, I am a bad mother, whereas if dh does even a TINY amount of housework, he is a fabulous new man and wonderful father???????

maryann49 Sun 18-Aug-13 00:40:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

idococktailshedoesbeer Fri 04-Oct-13 13:39:23

Our cleaner does two hours a week for £20 and I can't recommend getting one highly enough! Sounds like you could afford to get a cleaner in every fortnight for a couple of hours, take some of the pressure off.The best way to find a good and affordable one is to ask around, ours cleans for a few of our friends.

Revancha Mon 21-Oct-13 00:05:39

Hi everyone,
Few months ago I started working as a housekeeper and I do wish to increase my numbers since I have a lot of energy to spear. I charge £10 p/h. I live in Hackney and of course I have references. My CRB expired in July and I am about to renew it. If you need me, give me a ring on 077 60 505 103,
Thanks

MoppUK Mon 28-Oct-13 03:26:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

DanglingChillis Thu 31-Oct-13 23:19:47

We live in the north east and use a local agency, we pay £34 a week for a 3 bed house, we had 3 cleaners in this week all together, for about an hour. They will even change my sheets which is fab, even the top bunk! It isn't spotless in the over careful way I might do it myself but because it is cleaned regularly so never gets as dirty as I would sometimes let it get either.

We had another quote for the same job from a national cleaning chain and they quoted £79 per week which I was shocked at (even more so now seeing what everyone else using an agency is paying).

TeresaPearson Mon 10-Mar-14 17:17:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Melissa826 Sun 23-Mar-14 11:30:04

Applefallingfromthetree2 Tue 01-Apr-14 11:00:33

Can't believe how poorly some cleaners are paid. £10 an hour in the south east is a fair wage and even then a good cleaner is sorely undervalued. Most people who have cleaners in would never agree to do such hard work for so little. The low wage rate probably relates to the fact most cleaners are female too which is sad.

I personally wouldn't like to exploit another woman in the way some exploit their cleaners, so please pay a fair wage. A good cleaner is more than worth it.

Sarahscleaning01 Tue 01-Apr-14 23:50:29

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now