Bad attitude of some of you here

(366 Posts)
lollymum Wed 21-Feb-07 11:24:39

There's a lot of bad attitude on here. Culture of underachievement and all that. It's sad and a bit shocking really when these children are the ones who really need the help and the resources and aren't getting it. My daughter is four and I'm not abashed to say the word 'genuis'. In front of her or not. It isn't a bad word, it's what she is and I love her for it.

How do I know? Oh please, this is the child who was playing - meaningully - with abacus at 3 months. Now four she has read Secret Seven and is working on newspapers. She has her own email.

So shoot me. My daughter is gifted, there, I said it. Why the bad attitude?

fannyannie Wed 21-Feb-07 11:25:24

snurk

Enid Wed 21-Feb-07 11:25:59

lol

It's coz we is all fick.

FioFio Wed 21-Feb-07 11:26:11

because I really am not keen on the secret seven, I prefer black beauty its far more superior

fannyannie Wed 21-Feb-07 11:26:25

quite a strong first post there lollymum.

shame that G&T is a term that's applied once a child is IN SCHOOL.

lollymum Wed 21-Feb-07 11:26:37

Intelligent, mumsnet. Intelligent response from you there.

ssd Wed 21-Feb-07 11:27:21

don't know lollymum, it's so out of order

my child was playing piano at 6 months and it was meaningul too, brought a tear to my eye

Enid Wed 21-Feb-07 11:27:33

dd3 has her own email (she is 9 months)

we thought it was funny

my god maybe she is a genius

What's 'meaningully'? (confused face)

Sorry but she has her own email at 4!

Rofl!

fannyannie Wed 21-Feb-07 11:28:14

well my DS3 MUST be G&T you know - when daddy has a glass of milk he almost always wants a glass of milk too - at almost the exact same time. He responds to DS2 quickly and knows how to make my life difficult.......and you know what....he's not even born yet

"Now four she ... is working on newspapers"

Features ed? Sub? Office pleb?

Wow, that is G&T.

QueenDave Wed 21-Feb-07 11:29:02

Oh dear.

lollymum Wed 21-Feb-07 11:29:36

No, I don't believe you about the piano (child's fingers not big enough at that age I would think!) so I assume you are having a joke at my expense. It doesn't surprise me. There's a tendency to celebrate underachievement here on mumsnet. It's a pity.

listen my 3 year old is half way through war and peace but he is just a normal little boy!
i hate this labelling!

Marina Wed 21-Feb-07 11:29:41

It must be a sheltered ravine with an oxygen-enriched atmosphere, suitable only for geniuses to reach their full potential away from the ignorant proles of the wider world Scottishthistle

HavingaToughtime Wed 21-Feb-07 11:29:49

she sounds odd

fannyannie Wed 21-Feb-07 11:30:31

"No, I don't believe you about the piano (child's fingers not big enough at that age I would think!)"

actually you can buy touch senstive keyboards with smaller keys - so perfectly possible..

wotzsaname Wed 21-Feb-07 11:30:38

Do you think she will understand the content of a newspaper and have the maturity to do so. Reading is one thing. Papers are not for a 4 year old.

No bad attitude from here, just little children should be playing on their bikes too.

madmarchhare Wed 21-Feb-07 11:31:27

<settles down> (while DS, 3, makes lunch)

Chillout Wed 21-Feb-07 11:31:27

Well I'm just taking my 5 month old off for his regular visit to our local university.

He loves a walk round the duckpond

lollymum Wed 21-Feb-07 11:31:39

I don't understand all this attitude. You can't all have had such a bad time at school to cause all this negativity about bright children. It's a thing to be proud of in our family. Our daughter is special and we make sure she knows it.

Please tell me more about the abacus; I am intrigued.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now