2013 SATs Level 6 percentages

(9 Posts)
PiqueABoo Thu 19-Sep-13 20:45:58

I may have messed up (long day at' mill) but fiddling with todays data I make the percentages for the externally assessed bits:

Reading: 0.4%
Maths: 6.5%
SPaG: 1.6%

IIRC that means more kids passed than 2012 but I imagine more were entered to please Ofsted. Reading clearly still has the problem it had in 2012. Girls won Reading and SPaG. Boys won Maths.

lljkk Thu 19-Sep-13 20:48:32

Where were these data published? Link, please?
"Won"???

PiqueABoo Thu 19-Sep-13 21:15:51

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-curriculum-assessments-at-key-stage-2-in-england-2012-to-2013-provisional

Won: Quick way to indicate that a larger percentage of that preceding gender passed.

lljkk Fri 20-Sep-13 20:23:24

Sorry am lazy & it's a long report.
Are there stats for writing levels?

gymboywalton Fri 20-Sep-13 20:24:48

i have asked if my child's school will be entering kids for the level 6 reading paper and they have said no
do most schools just not enter?

hadenuffnowwiththis Fri 20-Sep-13 20:26:24

Think that is TA - teacher assessed now, since the advent of SPaG. On the first page? Not sure, huge report and boggles the eyes.

lljkk Fri 20-Sep-13 20:44:08

2014 timetable.
Reading level is not solely teacher-assessed.

The school doesn't have to decide entries until late March, I suspect (DD's school didn't).

PiqueABoo Fri 20-Sep-13 22:10:08

My previous numbers were the externally assessed tests i.e. "SATs". Here are a few for Teacher Assessments (TA):

TA L6 writing: 1.6%
TA L6 reading: 2.9%
TA L6 maths: 6.2%

[I used the 'underlying data' and quickly made my own percentages but my numbers may be very, very slightly different from any you might(!) find in the mind-boggling report. I hadn't read their methodology for making the 'denominator' in my percentage calculations and did what seemed sensible to me e.g. I didn't include kids who were absent on test day, they do etc.]

lljkk Sat 21-Sep-13 09:32:43

Cool, thanks. DD was pleased to read it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now