Anyone Else Watching Child Genius?

(28 Posts)
WKMum Fri 21-Jun-13 12:17:26

I know it's car-crash television really, but I have to say DD and I have been following 'Child Genius' with shame-making levels of enjoyment.

Anyone else been watching it?

And, more importantly, are any of you regular contributors to the Mumsnet G&T thread the proud parents of those adorable little angels?!

78bunion Thu 27-Jun-13 20:31:39

There are lots of ways you can be brilliant but you can test raw logic, ability to work out solutions, maths, general knowledge and some people just are pretty good at that sort of thing. I always seemed to absorb what I heard and read and got very high IQ scores. I am not sure it is all learned. Some of it is just inherent. It's about speed of brain power, being quick and it's not that you're coached for it. You're just (some people anyway) made like that.

Bright children do not always end up earning a lot or even necessarily succeeding in school exams and some fall by the way side but plenty do . If you did IQ scores of the most successful people in many walks of life I bet they would be pretty high in all kinds of fields of achievement.

[I'm still watching it.]

sanam2010 Thu 27-Jun-13 22:58:56

Does anyone else feel the show and the competition were just a stealth advertisement for mensa?

hillian Fri 28-Jun-13 12:32:12

I really enjoy this show, but I feel that some of the children are not being presented well e.g. Hugo, Leo, Shrinidhi and I feel sorry for them (and the naivety of the parents).

My child watch the show with interest, but when DS saw Shrinidhi sniffing books, he was horrified. Imagine how her classmates have responded?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now