Raven's standardised tests

(9 Posts)
Sticklebug Fri 29-Mar-13 06:51:05

Thanks, will look at that now. I am a member of Mensa, so we have signed her up as it turns out there is a 'family reduction'.

SaveMeNow Fri 22-Mar-13 16:05:39

I have found that Mensa don't really do a lot for children. Have you looked at Potential Plus UK as they do a lot more?

Sticklebug Fri 08-Mar-13 17:05:08

We had a letter from Mensa today, inviting her to join.

At £30/year - any views on children in Mensa?

cornycruzcampo Wed 06-Mar-13 17:31:15

How exciting! They probably used a different edition - there's a coloured edition ( mine isn't) which is more suitable for children, so that may have different norms.
She's done exceptionally well anyway!!

Sticklebug Wed 06-Mar-13 17:27:46

It was at a regional event for a 'Child genius' TV programme that some of the DCs in her class were put forward for after doing a quiz at school. My DH took her and he thinks that the test was administered by Mensa.

cornycruzcampo Wed 06-Mar-13 17:17:48

a standardised score of 145 in the copy of ravens that i have access to is scored alongside a percentile of 99.9 and the corresponding age equivalent would then be >18.
Would need the raw score to be sure.
Although I have a headache so i am probably not making any sense.
And they may be using a different edition I suppose.
Who administered the test?

Sticklebug Wed 06-Mar-13 17:02:33

Just found the letter, the last item on the list is 'equivalent age ->18'.

This is the one that confuses me most as I thought that IQ was independent of age?

Niceweather Wed 06-Mar-13 06:39:22

I think percentile would be more like 99.75

Sticklebug Tue 05-Mar-13 19:22:22

My DD has recently done a quiz thing through school which led to doing a supervised non-verbal reasoning test. We got the results today and it says that she is:
Chronological age- 11
Standardised test - 145
Percentile - 99
Age - >18

I may have got some of the terms wrong above as I have lost the letter. The letter refered to the 'accompanying notes', which were not there so I assume that they were not put in.

I can guess the percentile. Any views on this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now