Is emotional health & happiness always more important than quality training?

(29 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 23-Feb-13 19:50:44

DD isn't terribly happy at the school she does training at; it's been brewing over time (probably best part of a year)

The training is good & she has a scholarship; but she isn't confident and is often unhappy

She spent a week at a holiday class which she has loved and she has come home considering giving up her classes/scholarship.

I'm ambivalent as I worry about her happiness but I am a bit hmm about losing the scholarship & maybe about finishing it before anything else replaces it (not sure I want her home that much wink)

What do you think?

You sound like my kind of dancer - love ballet but really not so hot on allegro!

KatyMac Fri 01-Mar-13 07:22:08

Yes now you see I'm not that much of a fan of Ballet (but I was in awe at the ballet at the end of Carousel).

I'm more of a Fred & Ginger girl - my total fav bit of choreography is Fred & Cyd Charisse 'Dancing in the Dark' from Band Wagon......I want to dance that piece I'd never be good enough

KatyMac Fri 01-Mar-13 07:24:50

here

Mind you the whole of that film was pretty amazing

KatyMac Sun 03-Mar-13 15:40:58

Written a stonking letter....will we be brave enough to send it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now