Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

What can cause a 'swimmy' head?

(9 Posts)
RubysReturn Mon 18-Jan-10 22:31:26

Am generally robust. Don't think I have an ear infection or anything. I get occasional pain-free but visual distrbance migraines. Mostly happens if I stand or turn round quickly.

Any ideas?

KurriKurri Mon 18-Jan-10 22:32:26

low blood pressure or anaemia can sometimes.

giraffesCantWalkInSnow Mon 18-Jan-10 22:33:56

Not on antidepressants are you? Dont have to answer but I have venlafaxine and if I am a bit late taking it then get a wierd feeling in head - google brain shivers if you want to know more.

Other thing could be labyrinthitis - inner ear infection and I have had it with no pain.

RubysReturn Mon 18-Jan-10 22:36:29

No ads. Have never been aenemic, but worth checking. Deffo dizzy like- especially at back of head / top of neck. Hmm

I posted about a 'drunk feeling' in my head a few weeks ago. Turned out to be labyrinthitis. I had no pain or any other symptoms. The gp offered me drugs but they were contraindicated to bf so didn't have as it just goes away anyway, after about 2 weeks of having it.

RubysReturn Mon 18-Jan-10 22:41:37

Thanks will deffo see doc if it lasts much longer

giraffesCantWalkInSnow Mon 18-Jan-10 22:47:17

I have had horrendous lab before and still get it mildly fairly often. Sometimes use travel sickness bands. It feels like I am sea sick when I have it.

RubysReturn Mon 18-Jan-10 22:47:51

OMg have read laby symptoms. Sounds just like me!!!

alypaly Tue 19-Jan-10 00:47:11

sounds like labyrinthitis as others suggested.
I remember your thread burningb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now